Sunday, September 27, 2009

Italy!

Ok no more spiders...here is a better subject. My girls trip to Italy last weekend!! Brad was so sweet to let me go and take awesome care of Chase while I was gone. Chase is super easy going and didn't even realize I was gone! I did get a big hug when I got home though.

Anyways, we had wonderful weather. We stayed in Sorrento and saw the Island of Capri, Pompeii and Amalfi Coast. Everything was beautiful!!
Didn't get an entire group picture but here are several of us eating yummy pizza!


Here we are leaving Sorrento and heading to Capri.





We took a boat ride around Capri. We didn't get to see the famous Blue Grotto but the water was so blue. I was accidently on the camera mode where its blank and while and hi-lites one color. BLUE!!








Heading into Pompeii.

The four of us that did a self guided tour.

Seeing the human cast was very sobering.



The beach!!


Eating gelato in Amalfi.


The Amalfi Coast drive was breaktaking but the drive was rough for me. The taxi drivers are crazy and adding to that driving along the mountain and I wasn't sure I was going to make it! Thanks to Sarah for planning a wonderful trip and to Staci for being a great roommate. I felt like a middle schooler again as we had to force ourselves to stop talking and go to bed :)

4 comments:

Don and Barb said...

Beautiful pictures! I loved the one with the BLUE water! And Pompeii! Awesome. What a fun memory and a special time! You are truly blessed!

Allison said...

Looks like you had fun with the gals! I'm so impressed with all of your travel over there. It was great catching up today. Let's do it again soon! :)

Mom said...

Italy is beautiful...I'll have to share my enthusiasm with my Italian friends!

Sunflower-Family said...

I am so jealous! I love Italy but didn't get to see southern Italy. Your pictures make me want to hop a plane today!!! Glad you had such a great time.