Monday, September 14, 2009

Our Village

Could I interest you in joining us on our walk this afternoon? I figured I would show you around our little village. We have enjoyed living here but are actually considering moving on base. It's starting to get a little too small for me and the thought of seeing dada more is very exciting!

Anyways, Chase is up from his nap, has a cup of milk and we are ready to go.

We are first going to head to the church.


The building is open during daylight hours and they have some church/village information, a plant stall and book/dvd/jigsaw exchange. That's what we were looking for....I actually enjoy a puzzle every now and then so I came here to trade one I've already done for a new one. I guess the long winter nights get to a lot of people!

You can also come during the day to pray or worship. I actually thought it would be cool to do my quiet time here.
Off past the church, we go to check out the horses. There is a huge horseracing town only a few miles so they are several large studs in our village.

Sometimes they like coming close but today they were content to stay away and eat.
Our cottage - isn't it so ugly with one vine completely dead? The owners stopped by the other day and said they are going to replant it. It gets hard in the winter because the ground is always saturated. Everything gets so muddy! I am ready for a real sidewalk and driveway!
On our walk we saw a jet overhead. Hi dada!
We pick up the dogs and head to the park. Wagner's friend Sammi is staying with us for a few days.
Chase loves the swing. Isn't that a terrible design though. It can't be that comfortable.
Playing on the slide.
Uh-oh that is a dark cloud - we better start heading home.
Some of the streets in our village.

Practically every house has a name. It's one thing to have a plaque on the name but this cottage to the left of the pub sign the name is part of their house (the beige part.) I guess they are proud to live in the Reading Room Cottage!


It did start sprinkling on us so we had to run inside. It wouldn't be a real England visit without al little rain! Hope you got a better idea of living in small village England! It will probably be a week until I can post again - pictures from my girls trip to Italy this weekend!!

6 comments:

Carolyn said...

so adorable! thanks for taking me on this virtual tour.

Texas Bucks said...

That was such a great idea!! I loved the tour! So what is the name of your house? That's so funny they all have names. On another note - you get to go on a girls weekend to Italy??!!!

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed the walk very much. Now I won't have to take one when I get home tonight. Thanks

Dad

The Korsmo's said...

Thanks for taking me with, Janell! That was fun :) It makes me feel like I came to visit....soon enough I'll get to see all of that in person, yeah!

Don and Barb said...

A fun walk in England! Now we'll recognize a few things when we come in Nov.! We're getting pretty excited about that. Kansas has been picking up on English ways with the rain! We're finally looking at a clear week, but so unKansas like! Weather report on a church billboard - God reigns! Amen! :-)

Mom said...

Dad and I were on a walk and he said that I would really enjoy the new posting! SO as soon as I arrived home I was on the computer. How fun for me to see all the streets, paths, and parks that I visited everyday during my stay with you.