Thursday, September 24, 2009

Arachnophobia

I have shared my hatred of 8 legged creatures before - I finally made hubby take a picture. The ironic thing was he was in the bathroom to get tissue to clean up another spider (not as big) that he killed crawling across our floor. These things are everywhere in our house and it is terrible. Thank goodness he is home this time of year! Steven - the whole time Brad was taking a picture I was yellling "make sure there is a reference point!" Hopefully you get the idea. I know not all people like leaving comments but I put a little poll on the sidebar. Please vote on if I am crazy for hating these things in my house. That is the key - I can handle them outside - not in my house!! And just to give you an idea there have been about 25 or so in our house the past monthish.






I'll post Italy pictures soon!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, the picture would have been a lot more valid if there was a little tiny ruler next to the spider so that we could really gauge the size better...but the door in the picture helps. You are not crazy.

Steven

Sarah said...

Those would freak me out! You aren't crazy...but then again I never thought you were. I hate any bugs in my house...but I've never had to deal with a spider that big.

Carolyn said...

hells to the no.

one time i stepped on what i thought was a sock. turned out to be a furry spider.

they are the enemy.

the watson family said...

Hahahahahah!!! You're not crazy, I'm just laughing b/c you made Brad take a picture AND have a reference point. States people I don't think truly understand the gravity of English spiders and the nerve they have going EVERYWHERE in the houses!! :)
Happy Birthday by the way!!! Hope you have something big planned--(Brad?!).

LoLo said...

WOW that thing is gigantic!! I would have screamed super loud...

Anonymous said...

Maybe that spider wants you out of his house.

Dad

Allison said...

Wow, Janell!! Those are giant!! You are definitely not crazy, and so brave to live among them! I thought we had big spiders in Ohio...

Don and Barb said...

ICK! I'm for BIG 'spider' swatters and large cans of color coordinated spray paint! I don't like those critters either! Hang in there to get thru this time of the year!!

Cara said...

I get the creepy crawlies just looking at the thing. I HATE spiders!!!!

Jesse and Rose said...

I was just about to create my own spider horror post when I stumbled on your blog. They are showing up in hordes this month. My favourite weapon, scrubby bathroom foam so I don't have to feel the creature. ugh...