Friday, September 04, 2009

Feeling Appreciated

Today was spouse appreciation day at Brad's work. I was chosen to watch the jets refuel in a KC-135. I had been in this plane flying back to the states but it was very cool seeing the jets so close. My stomach gave me a scare but I made it through the whole flight without getting sick. I am not jealous of Brad's job!


All of us from "blue."


Taking turns refueling.

We all took turns laying in the boom. It would have been cool if it was Brad.
It was weird switching roles for the day. I got up early, put on my flightsuit and headed off to base, while Brad stayed back, woke up with Chase and got him ready. I think we are both grateful for our roles!


2 comments:

Don and Barb said...

That is just too cool! Looks like the picture in the Sterling Bulletin w/Brad. We're proud of you keeping your stomach the whole way! It's a neat way to give spouses a better idea of some of the things that are done at work every day. Did you get a pair of 'wings' for making it? :-)

Dale and Sandy said...

What a great way to appreciate the roles you are given. We didn't know you actually flew and helped out with responsibilities.
You didn't elaborate on how Brad did with Chase:)