Sunday, February 12, 2012

Jacob is 8 Months!

Seems like I just posted about Jacob being 7 months. I guess that post was super late and this is closer to on time. We had a slow Saturday since Daddy felt the need to go to a gun class all day. I feel SO much safer! 



I liked this picture because it represents Jacob well. He loves to pull off his socks! It doesn't get too cold here so he goes without often or I have to put baby shoes on. I used to make fun of baby shoes but there is a reason for them I guess!

He will get on all fours and rock and try to crawl from a sitting position but not quite yet. He does seem to get where he wants to go by rolling and scooting. He doesn't just sit and play for an extended period of time like he used to. That means we are working on sharing a lot with big brother! It also means we have to baby proof the house and house proof the baby. I have already had to start some no touchs with Jacob. I am a firm believer that I would rather train then retrain.


He can pretty much hold his bottle now which is pretty convenient. I didn't use formula much with Chase and it is getting expensive. Getting pregnant so quickly has forced the move to formula pretty early with Jacob. It has turned into a game for me to see how cheap I can get it. I bug friends and the doctor for coupons, I've had both grandmas call the company for coupons and I've called several times. I also have gotten coupons for the formula brands I don't use and trade on craigslist. Some people on Craigslist will mail coupons for free if someone can use them so I'm on there everyday. I figure I still have to buy 25 tubs of formula and at $23 a pop that is almost $600 that we will spend in formula from now on. I can't imagine how much I have already spent!

Love you Jacob! 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We look forward to spending time with Chase and Jacob. It is fun to be grandparents:)

Grandma and Grandpa said...

What an 8 month cutie! Pulling his socks off seems to be his 'thing'! Proud of you for your couponing ways, and I'm trying to get another set for you. They really do help on the budget!

Allison said...

He is sooo adorable! :) What an inventive way to use Craigslist--I've never heard of trading coupons on there, but it makes so much sense!

Cara said...

Jacob is adorable. I love his smile when he's pulling his sock off.