Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentines Day Weekend

So we had a pretty busy Valentines Day weekend. It started with double date with Julie and William to Pizza Express on Friday night! The restaurant is pretty kid friendly and we had a coupon! The boys did really well and we got a little adult conversation in!

Saturday morning we headed up to base for a 5K fun run! There were seven of us from the squadron and 15 kids! Afterwards the guys who are left behind cooked us all pancakes and bacon - yum!
I put us in red shirts to get in the spirit. My face is even the right color! I finished in 29:50 and my goal was under 30 minutes!
Pooped out on the way home - you would think he ran it!
Some friends from North Carolina were in town for the weekend so I tagged along to London today. We went to the Tower of London and then walked around for a bit. We also had lunch at a place that had free refills! Just one of the many things I miss about the states. You can't even get refills at McDonalds!




Enjoying the lovely England weather!
It was so nice to have some guys to help with the stroller!

So I am trying to be creative whenever we send packages to daddy. I had this great idea of writing on Chase with him just in his diaper. Chase was not too thrilled and it didn't quite go like I had it in my mind!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Chase's expression in the pic where you wrote on him! :) What kind of jogging stroller do you have? Do you recommend it?

It was so great to chat the other day! Love, Allison

Don and Barb said...

Aww, the purple Hi Dad was a nice try, even if Chase didn't cooperate! :-) You gals looked cool with your jogging strollers all set to go. We're so proud of you and your time! That's just pretty cool - congratulations! So glad you could have a good time w/adult conversation. It really DOES help - I remember when I had a houseful of little munchkins while babysitting and I could HARDLY wait for Dad to get home. I even had all the kids fed, cleaned up, and some down for naps so we could just TALK! Love you!

Anonymous said...

It's the thought that counts! Glad you were able to have fun in London and get out for a bit. Nice job with the run, you can probably run it faster than me! Miss you two!