Sunday, July 18, 2010

Twilight Run

I always like doing a couple athletic events (runs, triathlons, etc.) when Brad is going to keep me motivated to work out and give me some sense of accomplishment. So last night I ran in a 8k or 5 mile run. I was hoping to do it in 50 minutes but I ended up being about a minute over. It was hot! Hard to believe I ran a 10k in England with a stroller in only 7 more minutes. I think the weather plays a big part.


Thanks to my dad and brother for coming out with me. My dad was going to run it with me but I signed up too late so the price went up quite a bit. But he was a good training buddy!
My face is as pink as my shirt.
My post race meal of Buffalo Wild Wings!
Speaking of accomplishments I am so proud that my husband has finished his masters!! All papers are submitted just waiting for the final grades. Which would be straight A's except for the class he got a B+ in because he didn't turn a paper. Oops. I am so proud of all his hard work and am glad for it to be over. The little free time he had went to him to getting this done. Hopefully we will see him a little more this fall!

4 comments:

Brad said...

Congratulations on running the race. You needed the stroller and Chase encouraging you. That must have been what made your 10k so fast!

Mary said...

Congrats Janell on your race and Brad for finishing your Masters! Lots of hard work and prayers...

Jessica said...

Yay! You go girl in your Team Perserverance Shirt!!

Mom and Dad Caywood said...

Good job, both you for your race and Brad for finishing! I know you're all tickled to have his Master's work completed! Now, he's caught up w/Mom! :-)