Thursday, July 29, 2010

Philly

Yesterday Chase and I took the train up to Philadelphia to visit with a friend, Rebecca, and her little girl, Hannah. They lived down the street from us in Texas. We knew it would be a whirlwind day trip but it was so much fun. Chase did great on the trainride and we got there in good time. After seeing their apartment we headed off to the Please Touch Museum, a great childrens museum.


These two did not want a picture together. I really didn't get any good ones. But they had fun playing at the museum.


Water tables are always a hit!


We drove to downtown and of course I had to get a cheesesteak while I was there.


It was sooo good! Thanks Rebecca!



We put the kids down for a nap and she showed me her view from top of their building.


We then drove to New Jersey to meet up with our other friend Rebecca (in the middle). She just had her third little girl less than 2 weeks ago but I hadn't met any of her kids. We were only there a little over an hour and it was not nearly enough time to catch up. We will have to find a time to see them again.


Did we dare try to get a picture with all the kids? It didn't turn out too bad!

A picture of Rebecca's building.


We then walked to the Piazza. The only good picture I got of the kids and its because they don't even realize I am taking it. Chase is all about holding hands and hugging these days!

This type stuff would be the benefit of city life!


The Philly Fanatic. I am sure I am spelling that wrong!


When we got to the train station to go home trains that were supposed to leave an hour and a half ago still hadn't left. I heard later that there was a fatality on the track. We ended up being only a half hour late but I was already trying to keep Chase busy - fries and ice cream! Thanks Rebecca for a fun day! It was so great to see you and Hannah and catch up!!

2 comments:

Brad said...

Glad to see that you were all able to get together. Looks like Philly was a lot of fun....think you could mail me a cheasesteak?

Mom and Dad Caywood said...

That was SOO cute w/Chase holding hands! Just pretty special. We're still enjoying the one of him, plastic eggs, and Wagner - it's up on our fridge and gives us a smile daily!