Sunday, June 20, 2010

Trip across the pond

Chase and I made it back to the states yesterday after a whirlwind 19 hours. I was at the Bxtra buying a few last minute things hoping to catch a hop on Monday. I ran into a guy at the backpack section and he was buying a backpack for his kid and mentioned it would make a nice carry on. I told them I was trying to hop on Monday they were trying to get a hop too. He casually said they were hoping to get on the plane tomorrow for Dover. What?! That is where I was trying to go. I looked at my watch and it was about noon. Could I really be ready to go tomorrow morning for a 5:40 showtime? Well I managed to get everything done and we got on the flight. It was actually a pretty smooth ride. It was pretty loud but not as cold as last time.

Getting Chase to sit still for the take off and landing was hard. Don't know how I would have gotten him to sit still on my lap for a 7 hour flight. For those wondering this is what the seats look like. But we weren't in them long.

We find a nice corner of the plane to hang out in.
I got him some new cars which kept him entertained for a while.

Then the boom operator wanted to show us his office.


Pretending to give gas to daddy.

We checked out the cockpit. It was kinda scary seeing the pilots reading a book while flying.
A nice little bed for Chase. Too bad he only slept for an hour and a half.
Special thanks to the Allens for taking Wagner, Angela for moving my car to long term parking, Julie for being understanding that I had to stand her up on the Thomas the Train trip and my parents for making the drive out to get me at a days notice. I also had fun today surprising my friends at church!

2 comments:

Brad said...

thanks for the quick post! So funny seeing you and Chase in the back of a -135. Glad you were able to make it back home safely!

The Korsmo's said...

Yeah!! Congrats Janell! You did it; you are my hero :) I will be taking tips from you next summer when I try Space-A. Have a fun couple months :)