Monday, January 26, 2009

Grandmom's Visit

We had a wonderful 8 days with Grandmom. We are so glad she could visit and help us out. Here are some pictures from our week.

I love it that mom does things different than me and it gives me new things to try with Chase. He really started sitting up the week she was here so she had him sitting up in the tub. I brought out his toys awhile ago and he wasn't interested but she tried them again and he really liked them!

He rolled from his back to his tummy for the first time. He had his arm pinned under his body for a while but finally got it out. He still doesn't really like tummy time so I am not sure he will be trying to roll again!

We decided to be bold and go to my favorite restaurant while she was here. He actually did really well. We made sure to eat quickly!



Mom gave him a lemon. I waited with my camera for the "face" that most kids get when they try lemons but he liked it!

In Cambridge.




I had to get a picture of them in their matching blue fleeces. Chase warmed up quickly to grandmom and wasn't too clingy to me! It made me even more excited to have him meet the rest of our families. 5 weeks!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chase and Grandmom look so happy together. He is such a cutie pie!! Love those blue eyes and smiley face!
Looking forward to seeing you both in March. God bless your family and watch over you all. Love,

Auntie Mary

Sara said...

The rest of your families look forward to meeting little Mister Chase too! :) We can't wait! Hobbs is really looking forward to talking K-State with Chase and planning their living arrangements for when they are roommates there some day! Hee Hee! :) Janell, I can't imagine how you feel when your mom leaves. Mine is only a few hours away and I'm sad when she goes! Being a mom sure does make you appreciate your own mom more, that's for sure! :)

Anonymous said...

Chase and I sure had fun together! I need to tell Grandma Caywood that I gave Chase all those kisses she asked me to give him.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure appreciative that Sandy was able to make it to England for another visit! Looks like all of you had a lot of fun.

Brad

Texas Bucks said...

Great pictures!!! I hope the next few weeks go by super quickly! :)