Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Chase Week 3

This past week Chase had his 2 week appointment and weighed 9 lbs. 13 oz. So we are happy he is gaining weight well. With grandmom and mom he gets a lot of walks in the stroller but there are a lot of paths here that you can't really take a stroller on so we tried the baby bjorn for the first time this week. I am starting to fit back in some of my clothes but after looking at this picture realize I still have a little ways to go! Look at that stomach pooch!

Dad normally has him swaddled when he sleeps so when he does break free he loves sleeping with his arms up. Waking up must be a very hard job for a 3 week old. It takes him sometimes 30 minutes from when he first starts stirring to actually wake up. I've learned that if I get him up before he is ready it takes him a while to eat so I just him go on his own. He will stretch and grunt and poop before he is ready.

It has been nice weather here and ventured out to Ely to walk around. Here we are in front of the cathedral. We have tried to show mom a little bit of England but it is amazing how hard it is to get out with a newborn!
We had another photoshoot with our neighbor and I finally ordered birth annoucements. I just got an email that they shipped so hopefully I can get them out soon! Had to throw in one picture of him awake though! We are very sad that grandmom is leaving on Friday but then dad has 2 weeks off so we are excited for him to be around more after a busy past couple weeks.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Love the pictures. Keep them coming!!! Your little boy is so cute. I wish I could be there and hold him.

Texas Bucks said...

Oh my goodness, he is sooooooooooooo cute!!!!!! I love seeing all of the pictures. By the way, Janell. . . you look FANTASTIC so I don't want to read any of this belly pooch talk because you look grrreat! :) Thanks for posting more pics. I'm a blog junkie now! Give the little man a hug for us and give Wagner one too! :)

amy parker said...

Congrats! What a blessing he is absolutely precious! Love the pictures. Wish you guys the best! Amy Parker