Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Monday

So we are still waiting patiently for this little boy to make his entrance. I've progressed each week and have walked a marathon but he is not ready to come out yet. My mom has come and gone. Which is sad she won't be here for the birth but I couldn't have survived the past weekish without her here. I started thinking induction because I have big babies and am tired of being pregnant and wanted to have him while she was here. I first had an induction schedule for last Friday but as soon as I left the office I knew I would cancel. I pushed it back to Monday, hoping my mom could meet the little guy before she left. In my mind I was thinking that surely he would come over the weekend. The weekend was very emotional for me. Brad would make a comment about how we shouldn't induce and I would get upset. Then I wouldn't have peace about it and Brad would immediately check the schedule to see if he could fly Monday, which made me more upset. My mom would get sad that she wouldn't be here to help out during the birth and I would feel bad, etc. We went back and forth with different ideas trying to come up with a plan for the boys. We finally decided that we would go to the hospital but talk to the doctor before we got anything started. 

So we went in yesterday morning and got admitted and went up to the room. I had to hold them off from doing anything...taking blood, hooking up the IV, etc. Thank goodness the nurse was very understanding. They did start monitoring the baby and taking my blood pressure though. The doctor checked me and I didn't progress much from the week before so we went over pros and cons of inducing.  I had a very uneasy feeling and I wasn't sure if it was because I was getting induced or just having to go through labor. The doctor did a sonogram and checked all the fluid levels and said everything looked good so we decided to hold off.  A couple people made comments about us walking out of the hospital and I was surprised that I could actually do it. We texted everyone to let them know. We have amazing support from our families, our church and military friends. 

Brad's work was also very supportive and allowed him to take a day of personal leave. We already had a babysitter booked till 12 so Brad and I went to breakfast and went shopping. I told him that I wanted to do something fun in the afternoon to get mind off everything so we took the boys up to Raleigh to go to Pullen Park. 

The first thing we had to do was ride the train. Chase was super excited. You can't tell in this picture because when I stepped off to take a picture Chase freaked out. I guess I am glad he wanted me on the train ride!

For a dollar its a pretty good train ride. We got to go over bridges and go through tunnels, etc. Just like Thomas!

Waiting to watch the train go over the bridge.


We had a great day as a family and I definitely feel the Lord's peace about our decision. I can tend to worry about who will watch the boys, etc. but I just need to give it to the Lord. As we were going to bed last night I was a little sad that I wasn't holding my baby boy. We are still just praying he will come on his own and I won't have to end up being induced next week.

5 comments:

Erin said...

Go with your gut, I'm all for the baby coming naturally (no induction). He'll be out soon enough, enjoy these last few days with the family before the craziness of a newborn settles over the house.

Grandma and Grandpa said...

Thankful you felt at peace w/your decision, hard as it is. I remember back almost 35 years ago when Scott was 10 days over, I was huge,miserable and ready to have that baby! So glad you could go spend a family day on Monday - am sure it was good for all of you. And #3 will soon be here!

Texas Bucks said...

I'm impressed!! He'll be here so soon and will be absolutely perfect! Can't wait to see pics of the newest cutie in the house!!

LoLo said...

Thinking of you, Janell, and totally stalking this blog and your FB pages for updates!! :) Hope #3 decides to make his appearance soon and on his own!!

David and Kate said...

Thanks for the update! praying for you!