Thursday, January 12, 2012

Cotton Bowl

We missed american football so much while we were in England and it was a pleasant surprise this season that K-State did so well. We decided towards the end of the season we were going to the bowl game this year. My mom graciously took off a day of work and kept the boys for us so we could go and actually watch the game. It was so nice traveling without kids. I read a book on the way there and one on the way back. We stayed with a friend that Brad knew from college and were able to meet up pregame with one of my good friends. 


Julie and I before the game.



Cowboys stadium is ridculous. The logos of the schools were etched in glass. The place was huge, there were fountains in the common areas, the seats were comfortable and the big screen was huge. I am not zoomed in for this shot at all. Aren't our seats great?! Huge shout out to Joe and Molly for the hook up! If we were to get tickets on our own, we would have paid more and sat in the nose bleed section!

You can kinda see my baby bump.





Brad and his friend Joe. 

The game didn't go our way but we still had a lot of fun. We were thinking it might need to be a tradition every year! I got this picture texted to me pre-game. Our whole family bleeds purple!! 

3 comments:

Texas Bucks said...

If it becomes a tradition, I vote for y'all to make the Alamo Bowl next year (sorry!)!! ;) Miss you guys! Love the baby bump by the way . . . you look fantastic!

Grandpop and Grandmom said...

I was able to learn a little more about your weekend. Glad it was fun! We had fun too!

Mom and Dad Caywood said...

Thankful that you had such a wonderful time together!