Saturday, December 17, 2011

Half a year!

Is this little man really half a year?? Where is time going? I don't have his appointment for another month but I've had to put away most of the 6 to 9 month clothes and he is pretty much in 12 months (the cloth diaper doesn't help either :) We are doing solids twice a day now. He likes cereal, apples, pears and sweet potatoes. He also just cut his first tooth. He is not the best sleeper. We had a rough spell a couple weeks ago (but now I'm hoping it was the teeth) where we were putting in his paci and re-swaddling him about 10 times a night. I tried to take away the paci but after 2 hours of crying I gave in and now we are just not swaddling him. He is so big he wouldn't stay swaddled so we just got rid of that. Its been a little better but he is still getting up several times a night. It's amazing how quickly you can forget about a rough night though when they flash their smile :)


He is doing really well sitting up and he is pretty content most of the day.

Chase was up when I was taking these pictures and wanted to be in some. 

Kind of an awkward pose, huh?!


Chase is a good big brother and will help me out if I ask him to give Jacob a toy. He doesn't like helping him sit up though. Chase has been busy with Christmas Parties with all his little activities (pre-school, AWANA and Dance). He enjoys doing his advent calendar everyday and helping me make these. We don't put presents under the tree till Christmas Eve so I don't think he really gets it yet. We talk about why we celebrate Christmas a lot and I hope these truths are taking hold in his heart. I like the verse he had to say for AWANA this past Wednesday, Luke 2:11 Today...a Savior has been born to you, he is Christ the Lord.
Sorry for the long winded posts. I actually have referred back to what I've written about Chase a lot as this is the only place I write down what they are doing, etc. So its more for our memory! One of these days I will work on a baby book and probably refer back to here a lot!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congatulations on getting Chase and Jacob to pose together. No easy task. They are growing up so fast!

Dad

Grandma and Grandpa said...

It's just amazing to see how those two are growing! Loved the picture of the two of them together with their big smiles! What a blessing to know that you're teaching them the real meaning of the Christmas season!
Great AWANA verse - probably one Brad memorized when he was in AWANA! Keep the flame burning.

grandmom said...

I had Dad print out the last pic of Chase and Jacob. I plan to place it on my desk tomorrow. I have a Christmas one of Kieryn there as of last week. To me, that picture with the boys in the PJs, Christmas stockings in the background make a great picture.

Christy Songy said...

Almost all our pictures of the girls have Brooklyn clutching Vivienne around the neck just like that. Must be a big sibling thing. The boys are adorable - can't wait to get your Christmas card!