Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Irene

As you all know Hurricane Irene hit North Carolina this past weekend. Brad had to take a jet to Louisiana and I headed up to Maryland for the weekend. I wasn't too worried about getting blown away but I didn't want to deal with long power outages and stuff by myself. My dad was able to drive back with me and he is flying back tomorrow. Brad and I were joking that the Air Force is supposed to be so "family friendly" but they were sure quick the ditch the wife and kids and get the jets to safety!

Tiana loves her cousin and was so good with Jacob!
This is actually at our house - this is the chair that caused the meltdown I mentioned in our last post. I told Chase if he wanted to sit there he had to hold Jacob. One of the few times that he has help him.

Grandmom with 2 of her 4 grandkids.

Helping grandpop clean up from the hurricane.

What my dad and I did during the hurricane!
I was also able to hang out with my 2 good friends this past weekend and attend one of their girl's birthday party. We went to the pool on Friday but those pictures are on another camera so I will make that a separate post. We survived without much damage here. We did have some roof shingles come off the roof so we put in a claim and see if we get anything.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're glad to hear you're home safely and that everything is basically OK! That was quite a storm!

Grandma and Grandpa said...

Ooops, forgot to sign it before I posted the comment!
Mom and Dad Caywood

Grandmom from MD said...

Even though we were part of the weekend, it is fun to see an updated blog.

Allison said...

So glad you guys are safe, and that family was within a reasonable distance for you and the boys to travel!