Thursday, June 09, 2011

Baby Shower

Over Memorial Day weekend a couple friends from England got together to throw me a shower. It was fun to get to catch up and nice that my mom was able to make it as well since they were coming down for the weekend. 

The food was delicious. Chicken salad on fresh croissants, fresh fruit, peanut butter m&m's!


Opening a few gifts. Most girls went in on getting me my last big item I wanted - an ergo baby carrier! Everyone I know that has one loves it so I am so excited to try it. I think it will come in handy when I am chasing a toddler around as well!


4 of us are pregnant in this picture! Thanks Julie so much for hosting and coordinating the gift! I am so blessed!


The shower was at 38 weeks and I finally got Brad to take some pregnancy pictures so this one is at 39 weeks. I posted it on facebook so I am sure most have seen it.



We are slowly getting settled. My parents and brother and Tiana came down over Memorial day to help us get a lot of little projects done on the house.  I intend to do some before and after pictures - hopefully that post is coming soon. Our stuff got here last Saturday so we are slowly organizing and my mom came in yesterday to help us get the house ready and let me rest a bit before the baby comes. We are also getting settled in a church which is a huge blessing. They even coordinated to bring us meals while we didn't have our kitchen stuff.

In baby news - I had a doctors appointment yesterday and he went ahead and put me on the books for an induction next week. I am going to go back to the doctors on Monday to check again. If we feel he will come on his own we might push the induction back but I feel pretty comfortable going forward with it. I am pretty uncomfortable and feel just like I did with Chase -that he will never come on his own!!  My mom is putting me in her baby boot camp hoping he will come this weekend. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't see that baby of yours!

Anonymous said...

*wait

-Carolyn (for some reason it won't let me put in my name/web address!)

Don and Barb said...

Fun shower! Your little guy is a BIG guy! Know you're anxious to have him join your family ASAP. I hadn't checked the blog for a bit and then Brad called Sat. @ 7 a.m. our time that you were at the hospital! We stopped and prayed and will be doing so during the day! Great pictures, and what a blessing to know your new church family is already being an active part of your lives.

Texas Bucks said...

Looks like baby boot camp worked!! Jacob is absolutely perfect in every way. . . CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!