Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Rome

Our first stop on the cruise was Rome. This is actually the night before. Chase was sooo tired. It was nice having sea days to recover from the busyness of the days we were sightseeing.

How do you really do Rome in 8 hours when we actually ported an hour away? We could only see a few things. Our first stop was Vatican City.

After a long line of security we got in St. Peter's Basilica.


We then went to the top of the dome for a view of the city. I am glad Brad was carrying Chase for all the stairs!



We then headed to the see the Sistine Chapel. It took about 30 minutes to get in the Vatican Museum and then about another 3o minutes of walking around to get to the chapel.



Of course we had to see the Colosseum. By this point it was really raining (Brad would say a light sprinkle) and Chase hadn't napped yet. I finally got him to sleep on me and we started our tour.
I had a hard time keeping up and was soaking wet. I told Brad that I thought I was done. He looked at me and said, "you are in Rome at the Colosseum and you're giving up." He was a little upset but I laugh at him now. After that exchange we lost our tour and decided to just head back to the metro.
Look at all the people with umbrellas - it was raining NOT sprinkling!!!
I don't have much to say about it because I couldn't really hear the tour guide. Despite the weather it was really cool to see.

The last thing on our list was the Trevi Fountain but it was a pretty far walk and we weren't sure what time the train left to get back to the boat so we decided to just head back. We will have to save everything else for our next trip there :)
Next stop - Athens.

4 comments:

Carolyn said...

i am LOVING these posts!! post another one now, NOW!

(also, I don't think my link is working on your blogroll. could be b/c i changed my blog to cuethebanjo.com... hint hint.)

:)

Anonymous said...

Enjoying the trip. Looking forward to our next stop.

Dad (Md)

The Korsmo's said...

Yeah! Love all the pictures...thanks for the tour :) Can't wait to see more!

Don and Barb said...

Beautiful buildings - and so well preserved for you to view again after all those years. Chase will have some very special 'memories' that Mom & Dad can remind him of.
Ready for your next stop!