Sunday, February 28, 2010

Barcelona

We had to fly into Barcelona to catch our cruise. We got in the night before and had most of Valentines Day to explore. We took a bus tour so we could see a lot of the city in a short amount of time. We loved the architecture of all the buildings but didn't get many pictures.
Olympic Park

Not really sure what this little parade was about but Chase liked it better than all the buildings!
There are a lot of pictures on our trip of Chase chasing birds. This is at the end of the Gothic Quarter.

La Sagrada Familia
One of the more famous sights. It is the work of Antoni Gaudi. It began in 1882 and is not scheduled for completion until 2026.

This picture below made me very sad. When we got to the boat that night I realized I was missing a diamond earring. I immediately started looking around our room and couldn't find it. I started looking through the pictures of the day and realized it was missing in the this picture too. I knew then I had no hope of finding it. I was really hoping our insurance would cover it but no such luck. These were the earrings Brad got me for my push present. It was such a good story and I am so sad that one is gone. I think we are going to try to reset the remaining diamond to make a necklace and get new earrings sometime in the future.
Our home for the next 12 nights!!!

The next stop...Rome.

2 comments:

Mom said...

I always enjoy arriving at work on a Monday and seeing your blog change. Be careful when you vacuum, maybe the earring is in your home.

Don and Barb said...

Sure sorry about your earring! Your mom BEAT me to my comment = I was going to suggest the same thing! It's so easy for those to come out and not even notice. If you don't find it, I'm sure a necklace will be beautiful. On to Rome!