Monday, March 15, 2010

K-S-U!

We had great intentions of getting this picture and sending it in to the K-State alumni magazine. Well we didn't think it would get in with us doing the KSU in front of other people in Egypt!

When I went there KSU was a football school. However being a big sports fan that I am I rarely missed a basketball game...

I remember going to the games with my uncle and his friends and getting there right at gametime and sitting in the second row. They would have a contest to see which section cheers the loudest and then they would hand out pizza. You could actually count on 2 pieces of pizza just because there was no one there. I won a contest to participate in a halftime shootout. I made 2 free throws and 4 layups and won $28! I became friends with the manager and we would go up to Bramlage at night and shoot around. I could walk around the sorority house and in about 5 minutes get 1o tickets to the game that night. We couldn't beat KU (wait - I guess somethings never change :)

So even though I have barely gotten to watch them the past few years, I am so proud of getting a number 2 seed! Hopefully I will get to watch a few games this weekend! Go State!!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great "U". I can't believe no one else in that pic is even looking at you all (ignore it and maybe it'll go away?) Go State!

Dad (MD)

Don and Barb said...

That is just TOOOOOOO cute! Chase doesn't have a chance, does he?
:0)

Sara said...

I love it! Go State!

LoLo said...

Cutest thing ever!!

Texas Bucks said...

Y'all are too cute!

Sunflower-Family said...

Haha. Friends! It helped that the basketball manager was in love with you! No worries. I'll rat you out. I have a lot of dirt on you living in the same house and or room with you for 4 years!