Monday, March 08, 2010

Egypt Day 1

On our first day in Egypt we did a guided tour to Cairo to see the pyramids and a few other things. The bus ride there was long (3 hours). It was very hard for Chase to sit on our lap for that long and the bus was completely full so we couldn't even spread out with all our stuff. Oh well it was worth it. The first thing we did was get a camel ride. Brad and I went at the same time so I didn't get many good pictures. The camels are tall! We sit on them when they are sitting and when they stand up you really have to hold on!


The pyramids weren't as big as we were thinking....
Chase having fun.

A view of the city. It was really dirty, you could see dead animals in the water that they use to irrigate the fields. The houses were all unfinished, you get taxed less on an unfinished house and when your kids marry then you can build another level. I wish we would have gotten a picture to show you what I am talking about.
The bottom of the pyramid.
The Sphinx


Statue of King Ramses

Chase getting some exercise to gear up for the long bus ride back.
The step pyramid


The Nile River
We also stopped by a Papryus store. I wasn't tempted at all especially after buying a rug. This was definitely more the tourist side of Egypt. The next day we ventured out into Alexandria on our own....

4 comments:

Don and Barb said...

Chase looks so cute in his shirt, shorts, and hat! Did he like the camels?? Cute, cute pictures! Glad you got to see that part of the world - very memorable in history as well as our Christian history!
Anxious for Alexandria!!! I was digging thru my card drawer and found 2 packs of cards designed by a classmate - well, he graduated a year before me - that were different scenes of Egypt & Schutz School! I'd put them back for special use and 'forgotten' about them. It was a fundraiser for the school's scholarship fund.
Love,
Mom & Dad

The Korsmo's said...

Love all the photos Janell! Keep 'em coming...I get excited to see what's next! :)

Sara said...

I love all of your pictures from your trip, but my favorite of all (aside from the KSU in front of the pyramids) is the one of Chase in the air with the pyramids in the background. Love it! That one HAS to be printed and framed! :)

Anonymous said...

Really. Im glad for find your wonderfull pics. Nice Family. Im very happy. God blessing you family.

Sincerely.

Pablo.