Saturday, January 02, 2010

Christmas in Germany

We had a great 5 days in Germany over Christmas. We went with some good friends that we knew from training in NC. We flew into Munich on Christmas Eve and our first stop was the Hofbrauhaus for lunch.
Our wonderful timing, the Christmas markets were closing up as we were leaving lunch. I got an idea of what is was like but would have liked to shop a little more.
We tried sledding with Chase on Christmas Day. They hill wasn't that great and it was raining but I think he enjoyed it. After we got back we also took him to the pool. He loved that!


They had a kids festival so we let Chase try a few games. He is getting so big!

Christmas Dinner

Someone was ready for bed!

We want to take the trip the hotel offered to go to Neuschwanstein Castle (the one that the Disney Castle is modeled after) but didn't have a carseat for Chase so we had to go via public transportation. One train and two buses later and we made it!



We took a horse and carriage ride to the top.
Mad King Ludwig sure knows how to pick great locations. I guess he is know for his extravagant taste.

I have to admit that I didn't get the "wow factor" that I thought I would from seeing the castle but it was still cool none the less.
See the next post for the rest of our trip...

4 comments:

Carolyn said...

I'm licking my lips for the next post. So great!

Don and Barb said...

LOVED the castles! Just beautiful. What special memories for Chase when he gets older, to go back and see what he saw and where he was! Happy New Year!

Mom said...

Since I have looked at your latest postings several times, I thought I should let you know how much I have enjoyed your trip to Germany. Dad and I appreciate all your blog updates.

The Korsmo's said...

oh the Hofbrauhaus!! Love that place :) We will have to take a ski trip together and you and I will stick together like you and your friend did...don't worry...in order to preserve our marriage we just go separately :) I understand...haha! Chase is getting huge!! So fun to see him walking around all over the place...won't be long before Ty follows in his footsteps...literally :)