Sunday, January 24, 2010

18 months and Inspired

We had Chase's 18 month appt. last week. He weighs 26lb 2oz and was 32 inches tall. That is approximately 25% for both. There is one slight concern that the lead level in his blood is kinda
high (but still in the normal range). They tested him at 1 year. The doctor asked if we lived in an old house that has been remodeled. Yep to both. I guess when they renovate and sand down the walls the lead from the paint gets everywhere. Its a little scary and we are praying for wisdom if we should move or not. I already cleaned all his toys and need to do a better job of washing his hands.
Anyways, Chase was also a little slow on the development side. I can easily just use the excuse "he's a boy!" but that's not fair so I've been inspired by this and several friends to try new activities with Chase. My goal is to try at least one new activity a week and blog about it. For those that are getting a little bored of Chase posts - we have a med cruise coming up in several weeks and will have lots of new places to show you!

My first try was around snacktime. We got out a spagetti noodle and tried to put cheerios on it. At first Chase just wanted to eat everything - the cheerios and noodle but he eventually got the hang of it.






He seemed to enjoy it and the best part was after about 15 minutes of this one on one interaction he played great on his own with his toys. More motivation for me to come up with some good activites. Check out my friend Jen's blog (Mommy, play with me on the side bar) and let me know if there are other good websites or blogs with ideas!

4 comments:

Carolyn said...

This is a great idea!

Don and Barb said...

Super! That's pretty good to not break the macaroni and still stack those cheerios! Hmm, don't think I'll try it today! Ha!
It's a real challenge to keep kids motivated and inspired. You're on a roll!

Aunt Laura said...

Hi, Janell, Brad, and Chase,
I don't know about everyone else, but your aunts could never get tired of postings about Chase. (I'm sure all the grandparents feel the same!) I especially loved the one about feeding the dog. It takes me back to when my boys were little. We love that little guy, but we also feel like we know him.
Keep it up!

Dori said...

Thanks for the link! I also love Chase posts, so keep them coming! Miss you guys and I hope all is well : )