Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Spiders

So anyone I have talked to in the past month or two knows I hate spiders and I get big ones in my house. I have a wonderful neighbor who I have called 3 times to help remove them. The first time a couple weeks ago I was in tears and then last night I just couldn't reach it with the Hoover so I calmly called him to help me reach the guy. I am getting better. Well today on a walk I saw a young mom walking with her toddler. I am always on the lookout for friends so I said hi. She said "You alright?" which I have learned is the same as saying "hi, how are you?" At first I thought everyone was deeply concerned for me but then I figured it out. Anyways, she then asked if I had anymore spiders at my house. How did she know that? Am I becoming known in the village as the American who is scared of spiders?? I really need to get over this huh?! I keep on wanting to take a picture when I see one to show you just how big they are but I am just so focused on killing them. Please no comments on how spiders are "good" and help get rid of the bugs. They are not good when they are in my house!

*I just got back from my neighbor's house for lunch - the one whose husband helps me kill them. She said he came back from my house last night and said "Yep, that was a bloody big spider." See I am not completely crazy!*

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I feel your pain, the bugs always dare to come in while our men are not home. We get big roaches here...and I can't stand them!! Raid really works well for spiders (if you can get close enough to spray). I am not a bug person either, especially when they invade my home, they must die.

Texas Bucks said...

Okay, now I really want to see these spiders! We have a bunch of little ones in our house and I can't stand them either. . . they're just creepy if you ask me! Those were great pics in your blog before this one by the way. I can't believe how old Chase is getting. . . he is just too adorable! I can't wait to meet him in the Spring!!!!

Dori said...

No, I agree with you...they are not nice. They can kill bugs OUTSIDE, not inside my house! The ones in the garden are fine, but once they step over the threshold, they are dead!