Thursday, June 26, 2008

Waiting and Wondering...

Yep, I'm still here on the eve of my due date! Now just playing the waiting game. We know the baby will come in God's perfect timing. We would like it to work out between our stuff getting here (it is in the country and could take up to 2 weeks to get through customs), my mom and Wagner arriving (next Thursday!) and hubby's flying schedule. We also think it would be fun to have a July 4th baby (like his Grandpa) and carry on the tradition. Hubby's birthday is the same as his grandma's. But we realize that it is not up to us. Last night I was trying to guess what was going through my mind 5 years ago at this time when our wedding was only weeks away. Probably some of the same thoughts - excitement and nervousness. Hard to believe I was preparing to be a wife and now am preparing to be a mother. We are enjoying every night together and I wonder when will be the last night it is just us (I don't think guys think like that - he just thinks about his flight for the next day!) Thanks to everyone checking in - I will try to update before we go to the hospital and have hubby update as often as he can.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an exciting time! Our prayers are with you as we await
your joyous news. You're going
to be great parents. May God
bless you and keep you in all
His ways.

Love, Aunt Laura

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you and can't wait to hear about the birth!! you're in my prayers! this is such an exciting season.

love you

emily r

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear when your little guy is here. You'll do great! Look forward to seeing him and knowing his name. Love and prayers.

Ashley and family

Anonymous said...

We are so happy for you--Chase is a good lookin' guy!!! Enjoy every minute -- they really do grow up fast! Keep sending those pictures so we can enjoy you guys. Cara will be here for about 3 weeks in September. She finishes her internship and takes her registry exam the first part of Sept.---wants to come home for awhile before she starts her first real job and has no vacation built up. More later...tell Sandy hello.

Love, Aunt Paula