Friday, June 06, 2008

Our Cottage

We signed the lease and got the keys to the cottage this morning! Here are a few pictures I took. The ceilings are a little low and hubby will definitely have to duck at the doorways but it has a lot of character. We get our temporary furniture and early shipment next Wednesday. We are excited to sit out in our garden and for fires in the winter. I will try to get some pictures of the upstairs. We call it the funhouse with low doorways, slanted ceilings and beams everywhere. We are excited to make it our home!










Of course there is baby news too. We were able to get into a birthing class on Monday morning so it will be nice to get that done before he arrives. I had an exciting appointment yesterday. While the doctor was listening for the heartbeat he thought he heard his heartrate lowering so he wanted to monitor it for a while. So I went up to the labor and delivery room and got hooked up to everything while he monitored. Everything looked good though and I was really happy that he was extra cautious with me. We got another sonogram and everything looked good there too. He was guessing the baby is already weighing 6 1/2 pounds but wouldn't give me an idea when he would make his arrival. While I was laying there hooked up to everything it made it seem so much more real to us. Are we really ready for this?? Only 3 weeks till the due date!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to help you unpack and take care of baby Caywood. love, Mom

Texas Bucks said...

We love your house!! It's just too cute! Can't wait to make the trip out there someday to see it in person and meet your bundle of joy! :)
Love, James & Ashley

Tara said...

I WANT A COTTAGE!!! It looks adorable :) Glad to hear you guys are starting to settle and baby is doing well...almost there!!

Anonymous said...

Your house is so precious! I always wanted to live there.
We will be anxiously awaiting news
of our new little nephew!

Love, Aunt Laura

Anonymous said...

Baby Caywood is almost here. I can't believe it! Your house is so pretty. I love it! I really want to visit. Love, Rebecca W.

Leigh Ann said...

What a great little home! I love it!! Found you guys off the Korsmo site. So good to see you are going well. Best wishes!!

LoLo said...

I'm so glad you guys are getting settled there!! The cottage looks amazing!! Btw Brad, Liz is pregnant- due in October!
Like all the others, I can't wait for Baby C to get here!!
xoxo
Jamie and Dennis

Anonymous said...

Your cottage is so cute! Can't wait to hear the news of little Caywood's arrival! We miss you guys! Hope to get over there to visit you guys and the Strohs sometime! Love, Matt and Allison

Anonymous said...

Janell, I love the cottage, very cute. It will be fun for you all to decorate the place and make it your own. I will be praying that everything goes well with your labor and delivery. Bring some music to listen to (just a little advice you didn't ask for!) I hope sometime to come to England. Love,

Mary Baker