Saturday, June 14, 2008

Cricket





We are slowly getting settled here and actually spent a couple nights this week in our new house (with a few things we sent early and borrowed furniture). We are working to get phone and internet set up and we feel so out of the loop now! We finally figured out the heat and hot water (they don't believe in thermastats here!). Last night we went next door to the pub and met some people from the village. We were invited to the village's cricket match this afternoon so we headed down there to try to learn the game. It is very confusing. Hubby eventually wants to get on the team! A little boy came up to him and tried to teach him cricket but it is confusing so hubby ended up teaching him baseball!

Not much to report in baby news. We actually have the car seat now, the pack-n-play is set up and the baby clothes are washed so I guess we are as ready as we can be. Hubby keeps telling me I need to pack my bag but I just can't do that yet. I got checked at my last appointment on Thursday and was not too far along so I'm thinking it could still be a while. I am pretty uncomfortable by the end of the day but overall I'm doing great and can't complain.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Thanks for posting even though you don't have your internet set up. I am so excited for you (and a little jealous) that you get to be over there. Can't wait for your little man to arrive.....pack that bag!! Trust me, it's good to have it ready.