Thursday, July 05, 2012

Pool Party

I love planning parties and I really wanted Jacob to have a 1st birthday since I threw a big one for Chase. Chase is at the fun age where he "gets" the whole birthday party idea and kept asking when his birthday party was. So a joint pool party seemed like the easiest option. We were able to reserve our neighborhood pool for a night and invited all our friends. I went with a simple balloon theme and ordered pizza for dinner. I knew it would be a lot to do with a newborn and I couldn't have done it without my mom's help! 



I'll admit I had a restless night the night before worrying about something happening to one of the kids. But it was all good - I did hear later that the lifeguard we hired was on high alert the whole time and had the emergency number already dialed on his cell phone!


Amazing balloon cupcakes by Heather (a wife in our squadron).

We went ahead and let Jacob have another cupcake. 


As soon as we sang to him he asked me "Mommy and I four yet?" I told him yes - although since his actual birthday isn't till Sunday I think it is a little confusing for him.


Even though I said no gifts, a lot of friends did not listen and Chase had fun opening everything back at the house.

Thanks everyone for coming out! I think I see this being an annual thing while we are here. Gavin's birthday will fit right in!

2 comments:

Grandma and Grandpa said...

Looks like a great party! Happy
1st, Jacob and 4th, Chase! Loved the cute look on Chase's face as he eyed that yummy cupcake, and Jacob's 'cupcake face' is a classic! Sounds like a yearly tradition will work just fine w/the boys' birthdays!

Anonymous said...

Looks like I missed quite a party. I'm glad you had the help of that beautiful mother of yours. Happy birthday boys!

Grandpop