Monday, March 05, 2012

My Days in Pictures

I'm not a big writer so I always feel like pictures tell the better story. I thought about doing a picture a day for the next couple weeks but then I figure nothing interesting will happen. Again sorry for the iphone quality. It seems like the only thing I can grab quickly these days. 

Chase normally takes a "rest" in the afternoon. He normally comes out several times and makes a mess that we have to clean up before he can watch Mickey Mouse. Yesterday we were heading somewhere right after nap so I didn't go to his room until time for bed. This is what I opened the door to. Every single puzzle piece is out. I was too tired to handle it last night so we made a path to his bed and called it good. It really wasn't too bad to clean up today. I wasn't really mad at all and I was going to discipline Chase but he offered up "Jacob did it." Seriously?! So we had a little lesson today on telling the truth. Already so manipulative!

This morning we were going to a playdate at a friends. I put Jacob in his crib with some toys and told Chase to play until I was done. While in the shower he came and asked me if I could put him in Jacob's bed. I told him I couldn't because I was in the shower and I don't want them in there together when I can't watch. After getting out of the shower I heard on the monitor lots of play. I snuck over to Jacobs room trying to catch a picture of them playing and this is what I saw....
Chase got the stool from the kitchen and climbed into the crib. I'm trying to tell myself its because they want to be together and will best buds one day and not because I said no and Chase always wants to do what I tell him he can't. Of course when I asked him to move the stool back, it was too heavy!

3 comments:

Mom said...

For some reason I didn't think Chase played that wild in his bedroom. Maybe Jacob did do it:) From the heart of a grandmother!!

Grandma and Grandpa said...

It seems like surprises are going to await you every day w/your boys! It's something we found out with Scott & Brad, even up thru High School! Isn't parenting fun?? :0) Wouldn't trade them for the world!!!

Aunt Laura said...

I showed this blog to Uncle Mark, and we had a good laugh. It sure took us back to when our boys were little. What fun! You will treasure these years.