Sunday, March 27, 2011

Baby Shower

I am not sure if I've mentioned it before but there are 4 girls in our squadron due within 12 days (yep 9 months after the deployment :) For 3 of us this is not our first rodeo so when the talk of showers came around I suggested we could have a joint one. Showers can be a lot of work and I didn't want every Saturday before we leave to be busy with baby showers. So they did. Our good friends put together an amazing shower for us yesterday. We received so many generous gifts from our friends.

A baby book for each of us with cards to write prayers or a note.


The table with food and gifts underneath. They did an adorable bird theme I wish you could see all the details - a branch is running across the table with birds nest, the bird cage in the back and butterflies. The favor was a bird seed cupcake. So creative!

An attempt to get a picture of the three of us. I was not purposely hiding behind the flowers.

Kelly shared a few scriptures. One was going with the bird theme, Psalm 36:7 "How precious is your steadfast love O God! The children of mankind take refuge in the shadow of your wings." With recent current events that affect some of us or overseas moves on the horizon how wonderful to know we can take comfort in the shadow of our Father's wings.

Then came time for the gifts! We got in 3 different corners of the room and it was like Christmas. We divided up the gifts and dug in!

We are always happy with diapers! We know how many you go through with a newborn.

E is the only one with a different gender on the way. So she got a ton of blue stuff!


Showing off one of my gifts.

Please, I don't need any pictures of me eating :)


Thank you to everyone who came or gave gifts. I was blown away by your generosity. 


This picture was actually taken earlier in the week when we threw a surprise shower for K in lieu of bible study. I thought this was a good picture of all us preggos. 

3 comments:

Don & Barb said...

What a special time! You PG gals looked beautiful! Thankful that you're doing well.

Mom said...

Kelly did an amazing job of hosting a shower for 3 ladies. Everyone looks great!

Texas Bucks said...

Aww, such fun!! You look absolutely amazing, Janell!! I need to call you. . . I always think about you after I put the kids to bed and I don't think you'd appreciate a middle of the night phone call over there! ;) Hopefully my kiddos will cooperate this week so we can catch up without screaming in the background!