Friday, December 03, 2010

Thanksgiving in Italy

As mentioned before we went to Italy to spend Thanksgiving with our good friends. Since this was our second time to this part of Italy and I am not always feeling the best I was really looking forward to just hanging out and not trying to see a bunch of stuff. We got there just in time for a wonderful Thanksgiving meal cooked by Becky. Chase went straight to take a nap which probably made the meal more enjoyable for me.


 Brad's kind of dessert. No pies here!
 
The next day was very cold and rainy/snowy. Us girls tried to go find a Christmas market but with the weather just stopped in a cafe for some chocolate. No complaining here! Love the large snowflakes in the window!

Drinking hot chocolate there is like drinking fondue. Very rich.

They arranged for a sitter that night so us adults could go out to eat! I only wish I could have had some of the wine!


The next day we planned on driving up the mountains to see the view and take the kids sledding. I think we get the worse parent award here. We forgot Chase's coat at their house. So there he is in a borrowed snowsuit with my fleece on. Felt so bad for him.


He liked to be held the whole time but he did warm to the idea of sledding. He is just not sure how he feels about snow period. I can't even get him to go play outside here as there is still lots of snow on the ground.

A couple other photos stops on our drive.



Our camera kinda died after this so I didn't get any pictures of our fierce Wii tournaments, farkle games, kids dance parties, yummy pizza and gelato. I think we each gained about 5 pounds while there. Thanks so much Fullers for having us. Hopefully its not too long before we can meet up again!

2 comments:

Dad and Mom said...

Great pictures and it looks like a fantastic Thanksgiving weekend!

Mom and Dad Caywood said...

Beautiful scenery! Was great to get home and be able to check your blog! What beautiful pictures and memories.