Saturday, December 04, 2010

Christmas Party

Another chance to dress up!! We had our squadron Christmas Party last night at a beautiful estate home. I had to borrow a camera so I only got a few pictures. Huge thanks to the Walkers for letting us share a babysitter!
 We both ordered the turkey but it was really turkey rolled in pork rolled in bacon. Very interesting. Here is Brad with the desserts...we had 3 choices with not one chocolate. Christmas pudding (as Brad would say...wow that is NOT good), fruit cake ice cream and some strawberry thing. Needless to say Brad grabbed some M&M's when we got home.

 Brad won the grand prize from the raffle! A ride in a spitfire (WWII plane). Now that is no big deal to me but I guess it's pretty cool. The certificate says its good for the summer of 2011. So we are hoping they will let him do it in spring of 2011 before we leave! Otherwise I don't mind selling it and making some money!


 With our good friends the Walkers. When we showed up at their house Moon was in his military uniform. So we saved him some embarrassment by informing him he was supposed to wear a suit. We should have let him go though - it would have been funny!

What a great way to start off the Christmas season!!

7 comments:

David and Kate said...

Three things:
1) Very sad that there was no chocolate dessert. We would have eaten some chocolate when we got home too!
2) Dave's jaw dropped when I told him about the spitfire flight. It doesn't mean anything to me but I guess that is very cool!
3) Hularious about Mitch in the military uniform!!!

You look great Janell... Merry Christmas!

Allison said...

You look gorgeous, Janell! Great dress!

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous grand prize (I suppose you would've been happy to win a chocolate cake)! I'd be tempted to buy it off you myself but I wouldn't want you to have to live with the guilt, so you better just make sure Brad gets that ride.

Dad (Md)

Texas Bucks said...

beautiful pics! you look amazing, janell! tell brad i'm with him on the no chocolate thing - i only agreed to go to james' reserve Christmas party b/c there's a yummy sounding chocolate cake for dessert! (just kidding. . . sort of!) ;)

The Korsmo's said...

Love the dress Janell! You are one hot mama!! Great pics of Italy...don't feel bad..we give ourselves 'bad parent awards' all the time...Tyler doesnt mind...I dont think Chase does either! Let's catch up soon :)

Mom from MD said...

You are a good looking couple:)

Mom and Dad Caywood said...

What a special treat to win the spitfire flight! Dad is jealous! Sure hope you're able to get that worked out before you leave. You 2do make a good looking couple. I printed off one picture so I could show the grandmas since they don't have computers. By the way, Brad, I'm sorry to have passed my chocoholic problem on to you! Oh, well, could have been worse things! :0)