Thursday, September 02, 2010

Triathlon

I signed up for a triathlon this summer which was my first. Last time I signed up for one the bike portion was rained out so it was a duathlon. My in-laws found a bike to borrow for me and I was all set. That is until getting the bike out the morning of and realized I had a flat tire. A guy next to me aired it up and I went to get set up. I started noticing that the tire was going flat again. I figured I was in trouble until the family next to me said I could borrow their pump. My plan was to air it up right before I did the bike portion and hope it held. So I did the swimming first, thinking I might be done after that but as I got to the bike I noticed my in-laws there filling the tire up with tire slime or whatever its called. They finished up and I went off on the bike. It actually held the whole 7 miles and I finished the race.


Finishing strong. I know I look like an idiot.


I was a little dissappointed in my time and now want a nice road bike for christmas! It was fun to do something for me this summer. Thanks so much to Don and Barb for saving the day with the bike and to Brandi for watching Chase!

4 comments:

Mom said...

Congratulations in finishing the race. Riding a one-speed bike seems tough, plus I didn't have a bike in Maryland for training. Don and Barb pulled through for you.

Texas Bucks said...

WOW!!! You are amazing!!!!!

The Korsmo's said...

Janell, you are awesome! Just got to looking at these photos. How was the swim? I would rather do a duathlon any day to avoid it. So proud of you!!

Anonymous said...

So cool. You are awesome! Good Job. Rebecca W