Friday, April 09, 2010

Easter

I am a little out of order but wanted to get the Easter pictures up. It was so nice to have my parents here. It was their last day here so we just spent most of the day at home after church.

Before church, however, we headed up to the Abbey Gardens to check out the ruins...
and to watch Chase chase the ducks!
I am so jealous of pictures where the girls were in sundresses. It was freezing!!

An attempt at a family picture.

When Chase got up from his nap we did an easter egg hunt with him. He picked it up so quick and loved it!




Checking out the goodies.
We filled the eggs with cheerios, raisins, fruit snacks and just a couple pieces of candy so I didn't mind if he sat there and ate everything. Learning self control in the next few years might prove to be a challenge.
Chase also got the Veggies Tales Easter DVD from my parents and we gave him the Jesus Storybook Bible. I think that might be our new tradition giving Chase a book every year. We had a lot of fun eating and hunting eggs but we never want Chase (or us) to lose sight of the fact that Jesus died on the cross for our sins and rose again so that we may have new life in him and that is why we celebrate.

4 comments:

Dad and Mom said...

Fond memories for us too!

David and Kate said...

Great idea with the eggs! I stuffed ours with stickers :) I don't think the other kids in our church's easter egg hunt appreciated it!

Don and Barb said...

What cherished moments that your folks experienced, being there on Easter! We were just thrilled to watch Chase do some simple egg hunting w/Wagner's 'help'. Opening his eggs, and the look on Wagner's face, was priceless! Thanks for ending your blog with the reason we celebrate Easter. He IS risen indeed! And, as our new personalized tags say:
2MISMT and HEIZRZN
Love, Mom & Dad Caywood

Carolyn said...

Let's get to the serious stuff... love your boots. I want them. I need them.