Wednesday, May 01, 2013

Baking

It was an afternoon I was dreading. Brad was night flying so I was on my own for dinner and bed. It seems like no matter how the day is going the time from after naps to bed is hard. Chase annoys Jacob and Jacob just screams, Jacob loves on Gavin a little to hard and he cries, Chase yells that he doesn't like Gavin crying and on and on it goes. Anyways, I knew I needed a plan on this particular afternoon so I decided to do some baking with the boys. We decided to make dog treats (so I don't have to worry if their hands are dirty or they sneeze on the food!). Chase did it a little bit while Jacob was still napping and Jacob got to help when he got up. He loved doing it! 


Yes that is a candy cane. I couldn't find all my cookie cutters.


It kept him busy for almost half hour! Then he was content to play with toys for awhile. I know there were other factors (everyone took a good nap) but the afternoon/evening seemed to go better. I have noticed this before - if I spend time with them to do an activity then play by themselves afterwards. Any other moms notice this? If only I could come up with some fun every night Brad flies!

1 comment:

ariadna yurai perez rocha said...

it´s beautiful my friends
i love dogs

can i help me please??

we see my blog please

http://yurai0309.blogspot.mx/