Saturday, September 15, 2012

Sweets

I think our whole family has a sweet tooth. We love going out and getting treats. This morning we went to get to donuts at Krispy Kreme. Chase likes watching the donuts being made and getting a hat. Notice the guy behind Chase, we are not the only ones that go in our pajamas!

The other night we went to Kickin Kiwi with friends. It is a yogurt place where you pick your yogurt and toppings. I am starting to let Jacob eat with utensils so I figured I would give this a try. He did pretty well. He sat at the little table with the other boys and he just seemed so big to me.

On the medical front, I got some good news this week. On Tuesday my oncologist called and said that all the scans came back clear. Which is very good news but not all that surprising considering the cancer had not spread to my lymph nodes. In the same conversation he said that he met with his partners are they still recommending chemo. I was not happy with that news. I just felt like I had a heavy weight on my shoulders. I know it will be a mild form of chemo but its still chemo. On Thursday the doctor emailed the result of the tests on the tumor. The Mismatched Repair status is MMR-D. Which basically means they predict that I have less than a 7% chance of recurrence in the next 3 years. That was very good news to us. From Brad's research with a score that low they suggest observation instead of chemo. I have an appointment scheduled at UNC next Thursday. My doctor is very curious what the doctor there is going to recommend. While we were very excited about the results I have to make sure that my hope is not in test results or doctors opinions. My hope is in Jesus Christ. There are no guarantees in cancer and I take comfort that my life is in HIS hands. I could do chemo and the cancer could come back and vice versa. But with that said we still want to make a wise decision when it comes to the treatment plan. Brad's parents have graciously offered to stay until that appointment. I am really going to miss the help around the house!

3 comments:

Pa Ul said...

Your post is great to read. I was wondering what is the easy way to clean dog teeth?

Dad and Mom Copp said...

We have a very grateful heart with the good reports (positive isn't the right word in this case). We are continuing to pray for you and Brad as you walk through this together.

Texas Bucks said...

We are continuing our prayers for you as you and Brad decide on what the best treatment plan will be for you. Praying that God gives you wisdom and guidance on what is right for you and gives you an absolute peace once you come to a decision together!!