Saturday, September 08, 2012

Moving on...

I wanted to say again thanks to everyone for your encouraging comments and emails. I haven't written anyone back but I have read every one and hope to respond at some point. The PET and CT scan went okay on Thursday. I think whatever they gave me made me a little queasy because I came home and crashed. I took a sleeping pill later that night because they told me I couldn't nurse anyway for 48 hours. I am still fighting to nurse as much as I can. He is still so young and if I do have to do chemo I'm sure I'll have to stop then so I want to while I can. I feel like I am starting to get past it. I have seen most of my friends out and stuff and it is not coming up in every conversation like it used to. I won't probably know anything until we meet with the oncologist again in a couple weeks. So if there are no updates that is why. I went on our full neighborhood loop walk this morning (1 mile) and it definitely wore me out and I feel like my core is very weak. I am working to change my eating habits to try to eliminate a lot of sugar but I feel like it will be a process. So grateful that Brad's mom is still here to help! Here are some pictures from the last few weeks.

Grandmom taking Jacob swimming. He got Chase's puddle jumper and he is so much happier in the water!

Chase went to 2 weeks of swimming camp and is doing great swimming without the puddle jumper.


Before getting my "bling" out, as I called it. 
 

We were supposed to meet the Kauflins at the beach over Labor Day weekend. That didn't happen but they did come down to see us for a night. Kristine is an oncology nurse and I know it was hard for me to be going through this and her not being here. If they were not in the process of moving I have no doubt she would have driven down to be an advocate for me. As is it she is doing research for me on the chemo drug and I was told I had to call her before the next appointment so I know what to ask the doctor.



All 6 of our kiddos...


Gavin is getting good head control!

Me and the "babies." Both of these outfits were given to me at Chase's baby shower. How fun that I can use both of them at the same time.

Chase started his first day of Pre-K. He is going 3 days a week for 3 hours a day. He seems to like it so far.

We love football season! Go K-State! 

Teaching Jacob touchdown! We got lots of practice during the KSU game today.

I thought this was a good picture of him.

Now Wagner has 2 boys to bug him. Jacob is using him as a stool to get on the couch.

Like I said, SO grateful grandma is here to help. Huge thanks to our friends James & Ashley Bucks for the buddy pass on Southwest to fly her out while I was still in the hospital. We are so grateful!

Just got the bill from the hospital today...any guess to how much this cost???

4 comments:

Mom said...

okay, about the bill. Is that the hospital stay without the surgeon, oncologist, CT, etc? I know Barb is keeping busy, grateful to serve and will be tired when she gets back to Sterling:)

Dad, Kevin, Mom said...

Without dr. bills is the amount between $20,000 - $25,000?

Texas Bucks said...

You seriously are super woman! You look amazing - not only did your stomach just get sliced open, but you just had a baby and your tummy is so tiny! So happy Brad's mom is still there to help you guys with your absolutely adorable boys!! Every time I see their pictures, I just keep thinking how they are the cutest little boys - I wish we were neighbors so I could play with them!!
As far as the bill goes, I don't think I even want to know! The bill after having a baby is big enough - can't imagine a week long stay and surgery, eek!! Thanks heavens for insurance! ;)
Love,
Ashley

Mary said...

Your boys are so adorable. I remember those outfits from Chase, cute you could put them on Jacob and Gavin! Praying on Thursday that you get wise advice regarding chemo and that the peace of God will prevail in you and Brad's heart!