Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Back in the USA!

Sorry for my lack of posting. As you can imagine things have been busy since getting back to the states. From recovering from the flight (Chase did well but it was still tiring) to jet lag (which includes a lot of behavioral issues) to dealing with the house stuff it was busy to say the least. We did close on our house and are homeowners and went right to work painting, getting contractors to replace tile and get rid of wall paper. We have new appliances and bedroom furniture also being delivered. I took some before pictures but want to wait until I have after pictures to post. 

We were so grateful to be able to stay with friends who helped us a ton with Chase and had some fun playmates for him. I originally asked to stay for just a couple nights but then closing got pushed back then we wanted to paint before going on leave. So a couple nights turned into 9 nights! Staying with friends is so much nicer than the TLFs! I didn't get any pictures of our time there.

So now we are on leave enjoying a little bit of time with my family while waiting on our stuff to get here. It was nice being here for Mother's Day. Even though it was low key we enjoyed being with family. Brad spoiled me with a Panera bagel in bed! Then after Chase's nap we went with my parents on a walk then out to dinner. I think the house, van, new bedroom suite etc was plenty of mother's day gifts for me! 

Here is a family picture on mother's day and also my 35 week belly shot.


There can't be water around without boys throwing rocks!



I love this picture of Chase and my parents. He normally doesn't like smiling for pictures but was in the mood this day.

A happy belated Mother's day to both our mothers. We are so blessed to have godly mom's who love the Lord and their families, who serve selflessly, who pray for us and are a great example for me to strive to be like. We love you!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Surprised to see an update (my lunch time). Hey, I like the picture of us with Chase! We need to have a hard copy of that one...Grandmom

Anonymous said...

What a special update! Was so glad to see the pictures of you all back in the states and the cute picture of Chase w/his Copp grandparents! We loved the one of you and Brad together, too. Thanks for your Mother's Day call -it was very special to talk to all 3 of you! Welcome back to the USA!Love you very much. Mom & Dad Caywood

Mark and Amy Fogel said...

Thanks for the update! I've been checking in for a new one. You look great and the pic of Chase and your parents IS fantastic! Though I still can't believe you guys are gone. Good luck with the move into the house. Can't wait for "before & after" pictures.