Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Little Apple

After my grandparents house and visiting friends in Kansas City, my next stop was Manhattan. Fond memories here of when I went to KSU. My brother Stevenis working on his PHD there so I asked if I could spend a couple days with him and his wife, Melissa. We had so much fun!

The splash park

What do we do on a 100 degree day - have a fire and make smores!

Checked out the zoo.
Had to wait out a thunderstorm. It doesn't look like its raining much in this picture...
but here you could tell we got some rain!



The next day we headed out to the lake with Melissa's family. Chase was so good in the water and we even got him to jump off the diving board by himself.



Steven likes watching golf and tried to get Chase interested. After studying it on TV for a while we figured we better try it ourselves. Let me just say I'm glad no one else was there and that we didn't pay!


Watching it on TV. Clapping along with everyone else.
One thing I wanted to do was walk around campus. I can just see myself 16 years from now moving Chase into his dorm.
What the parking garage looks like across from the union. One of the new additions.





Thanks Uncle Steven and Aunt Melissa for a great weekend! You can also check out their blog for more pictures.

2 comments:

Mom and Dad Caywood said...

Memories,memories! Chase looked pretty cool w/that wildcat! :0) Wouldn't that be something if he really DID go to KState in about 16years?!

Brad said...

Loved the pictures.....and he WILL go to K-State or Yale/Harvard. His choice. Looking forward to seeing you both soon!