Friday, April 01, 2011

Praying

We always laugh when we pray because Chase acts like he has the hardest time keeping his eyes closed. He shuts them so tight then moves his head side to side. It is so cute. The funny thing is we are not big sticklers on keeping eyes closed. Don't know if he picked it up from church or what.

Yes this is at dinner and we are eating pancakes. This was actually on Pancake Day or Shrove Tuesday what they call it here in England. The day before Ash Wednesday. Don't really know the background but I will take any excuse to have chocolate chip pancakes for dinner!

It was appropriate to blog this picture now because praying is something we've been doing a lot of lately with buying a house. I am really picky where I want to live at our next base and we kept coming back to a house there that was older but fit our needs. Our realtor kept trying to steer us away from us but we felt it was the best financially and I loved the location. After about a week of offers sent and rejected we finally came to an agreement - even though we had to give more than we wanted. We were just going to hold our breath for the appraisal. Well last night we found out that it was on a septic system not the city sewer - one of only 10 in the neighborhood not on city sewer and we would be paying city taxes. I think that was the straw that broke the camels back so we withdrew our offer. It helped that another house came on the market right around the corner that we were interested in. Well of course we come to find out that the other house isn't available until mid-July. Doesn't really work with a baby due in mid-June. And to top it all off we need to have a contract on a house by April 30th to get the tax credit for first time home buyers (it was extended for military overseas). So we are back to square one with a month to figure it out!
We talk about housing options and mortgage numbers from the time Brad gets home till late every night. We have to remind ourselves that God knows where we are going to live. When I turn to him He reminds me of my eternal home. That my place there is secure because he sent his Son to die in my place and take the punishment I deserve. That perspective is keeping me grounded when I am tempted to doubt.  Ok, sorry for my soapbox. I normally keep this blog pretty light but this stuff has been on my mind. I know many people are praying for us - so thank you and keep it up!

8 comments:

David and Kate said...

I sent you an email on this... praying for you guys!

Anonymous said...

Wow, stressful. You got it, God knows. - Rebecca W

Anonymous said...

You're not the only ones praying.

Dad (MD)

Sunflower-Family said...

Hang in there. Did the overdue and moving thing (though not from overseas.) God was faithful to provide. Psalm 127:1 "Unless the Lord builds the house, the builders labor in vain"

Jessica said...

We are definitely praying for you guys. God will provide the perfect place for you.

KS Mom and Dad said...

What a special picture! Lots of people praying for you as you! Was going to share that Psalm 127:1verse, but someone beat me to it! Great to see so many others praying and sharing verses!!

KS Mom and Dad 2 said...

Somehow part of my comment didn't print! It said, "Lots of people praying for you as you prepare to move - so many details to take care of."

LoLo said...

What a great photo! Sending lots of thoughts and prayers to you guys. Can't wait to have you back in the states!