Monday, May 10, 2010

Mothers Day in Holland

A crazy friend and I decided to take our 3 toddlers 4 countries away to Holland for the weekend. It was a pretty long drive but we had a lot of fun once we got there. We just crashed in our hotel the first night. They had a great play area where we could let the kiddos run around. In the corner of the play area was a ball pit. There were 3 pre-teen boys laying in the pit throwing balls at the top. Before I know it Chase wanted to go in and he laid down and started throwing balls in the air as well. I thought it was so cute. Poor guy is around a lot of girls this summer! Our first stop was to head to the famous Keukenhof Gardens. I didn't get as many pictures as I would like because I had to hold Chase a lot of the time but I did try.
They had a little petting zoo. Whenever I squat down to Chase's level he imitates me. Chase with his buddy Kelte are checking out the sheep.



For some reason a little boy in front of all the flowers isn't as cute.




The crazy moms!
We also stopped by a pottery place but didn't dare bring the kids in. Thank goodness for DVD players!
On Sunday we decided we would just do stuff for the kids. We went to the park then the indoor water park.
The water park was great but it was hard to get pictures. I was impressed how it was geared towards kids of all ages. There was plenty to keep Chase busy. The yellow slides in the background were perfect for him!
Look at that belly!!

After naps we headed back out to the amusement park. Again I was impressed with the number of activites that Chase could

Yes, even while doing something as fun as riding a train he had to have a dummy in his mouth.

And what is a trip to the continent without a chocolate pastry!
A special belated Happy Mothers Day to our moms! We love you and miss you!

7 comments:

Cara said...

I beg to differ about little boys making pictures of flowers less cute because that picture of Chase in front of the tulips is adorable.

LoLo said...

Happy Mother's Day Janell! The pix are great, I've always wanted to go to Holland! Chase is adorable.

Texas Bucks said...

Looks like y'all had a blast! I love all of the tulips. . . gorgeous! I have to agree with Cara - Chase looks adorable in front of the flowers! :)

Don and Barb said...

And we agree w/Cara as well! That one of Chase in front of the tulips is just precious - what a smile! Looks like you had a wonderful time with lots of pictures and memories. We were praying for your safety and that the kids would stay well. Put that picture of Chase on your list to send Grandma & Grandpa!!
Glad you had such a special Mother's Day.

Mom said...

I want the picture too! You are getting to be quite the photographer. (A friend from work brought that to my attention.)

Dori said...

That's awesome that you and Meggo went! So fun. Happy belated Mother's Day Janell! Thinking about you : )

Brad said...

Love the picture of Chase at the pool.....he definitely got his dad's amazing physique!