Sunday, December 28, 2008

Paris...Finally

So since I have to sit here and watch the Cowboys I figured it was a good time to update from our trip. It is hard to narrow down the pictures to post because we did so much. Our feet were definitely sore by the end! Well here we go...

We took the Eurostar down there and had so much fun. We were on Leisure Select class on the way down there and enjoyed our meal and unlimited drinks.

After lugging the stroller and suitcase around the underground it was nice to get out at our stop and see the Eiffel Tower!

The first night there we went on cruise along the Seine River. It was beautiful!

The desserts there were great. I love my chocolate crepe here!

The view from our hotel room.

The Arc de Triumphe.




We took a lot of steps in the couple days we were there.


We then headed to the Louvre. Neither of us are big art people so mainly hit the highlights.


Chase was asleep for the Mona Lisa. Chase will laugh when he looks back and realizes he slept through the most famous painting in the world. I wasn't waking him up though, sleep is just too precious!



Chase has been grabbing at things a lot lately. Brad always had to hold the maps away from him. They turned into good toys though once we were done with them.



In front of Notre Dame.


On top of Notre Dame (more steps!)


The Eiffel Tower sparkled every hour on the hour. We loved it!


The next day we headed to Musee D'Orsay



I got tired of taking pictures of the same pose in front of different works of art so I told Brad to do something creative.


Here we are at a cafe for lunch. Mealtime was a challange with Chase. He took catnaps during day in the Bjorn but once we sat down he was either fussy or wanting to grab everything on the table. One of us would eat quickly while the other one would hold him - then we would switch off. We ended up ordering pizza to go the last night and ate it in our room.


Palace of Versailles

Our hotel had a pool so we had to take Chase. For being "heated" it still seemed pretty chilly so we didn't last that long. Everyone had to wear that swimcap in the pool.




We went up the Eiffel tower the last night but Chase decided to have a meltdown so no good pictures from that. I just want to brag on my husband for a second. He was so helpful with Chase. He carried him all day and still gave me a foot rub at night! He always let me eat first and put him to bed everynight. One night I kinda feel asleep and realized he wasn't in bed. I looked over at the baby cot and there is Brad laying next to him with his hand underneath vibrating the cot so Chase will go to bed. I know he was just as tired at me and he was still serving me! It was nice to get away for the holidays as a family!

6 comments:

Don and Barb said...

What awesome memories you 3are making! There you are in pictures in front of famous places and famous art, just like we've seen in books! So thankful that you were able to have family time, as well as making special memories. Thanks for sharing them!
Love & prayers, Mom & Dad

Anonymous said...

Okay, where is Chase's swim cap??:)
What a great hubby you have -- no wonder he is "our favorite son-in-law":)

LoLo said...

Hey guys!
Looks like you had a great time in Paris! Love the pix!!
Hope you had a Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

I just love these stories and pictures, Janel! My favorite is the one of you and Brad kissing in front of the Eiffel Tower, and Chase has a "deer in the headlights" look into the camera.... Mallory gets that look when Charles and I kiss, and then she usually whines. We joke that it is because she is worried about us wanting another baby! Ha ha! You all look great- Merry Christmas and Happy New Year- we loved your Christmas Card!

David and Kate said...

Great pictures Janell! I am glad you guys had such a nice time. Paris is the best!

Texas Bucks said...

Fabulous pics! I love the one of Chase on the train on the way out there. . . he's just so cute!!!! So happy you guys are able to go on such wonderful adventures together over there!
Love,
Ashley :)