Sunday, November 16, 2008

Quiz Night

So one thing that is popular here in the pubs and villages is a Quiz night. We wanted to check it out so last night we went to it at our Village Hall. We know the guy organizing it so he promised there would be a few American questions for us! We didn't know too many of the questions the only ones I knew for sure were "If you employ a spike, what game are you playing?" and "What is the surname for the Little House on the Prairie FCheck Spellingamily?" Brad knew a few more than me including all the faces on Mt. Rushmore (I know I should know that!) and the state that the bridge was put that was bought from here. There was also a question about which American show was based in Cook County Hospital. I thought it would be ER but we guessed something else. I figured Steven would be mad at me for getting that wrong! One question asked about a football club in London. We wanted to yell out that it was a trick question since there were only soccer teams in London not football but figured that wouldn't be appropriate! They also had a movie title category that Brad did pretty well at. Our table finished tied for 9th out of 12. I don't think anyone will be asking us to be on their team next time!

We stopped mid-way when the fish and chips mobile van showed up.


Brad got to catch up with a friend who came back from Uni for the weekend.


Unfortunately Chase didn't do too well at the babysitters. He has been in a crying mood lately and that continued for her. She said she almost called me when he cried for 1/2 hour and couldn't be consoled. I told her that was nothing compared to the 3 hours he cried on Friday night from 10:30pm to 1:30am! I think he is also getting attached to me - he screams if I leave the room and stops if I walk back in. It is getting very annoying! We will see how he does in the nursery this morning at church. His 4 month appointment is this week so his 4 month pictures (of course he is smiling and looks happy as can be) and stats will be coming up...

No comments: