Monday, October 16, 2006

The Dump

Mom and dad got some new toys the other week and enjoyed riding them around. They finally decided to go out to the "dump" to do some mountain biking. Mom was a little hesitant at first, there could be snakes and some of the hills were pretty steep. As she got more comfortable with the bike she was a little more daring. It really was an old dump with tons of hills and paths that people have paved with bikes and ATV's.

The was one little that was a little too steep! We enjoyed the view from the top though! As we were riding mom kept on getting reminded by dad that she will likely ride where she is looking. So if she sees a snake or big hole not to look at but focus on the level path. How true is that for our lives as well! If we focus on the holes and snakes (temptations and circumstances) it is a lot easier to get distracted by them. If we focus on God (the right path) we will be less likely to fall. We have to remind ourselves not to get distracted by our circumstances (ie. our upcoming assignment) but to look to our Savior! I had my friend Georgia over this weekend and we enjoyed watching football on Sunday especially the Cowboys vs. Texas as we are both Texas natives! I got in a little bit of trouble yesterday when my neighbor ratted me out for eating chocolate. My mom set out some fall colored Peanut Butter cups on a pumpkin plate and I ate the entire plate when they left for dinner. We were over at our neighbors later that night and they found my droppings which had tons of foil in it. So they called to confirm that I had indeed ate the chocolate. But I didn't get in too much trouble because all the dog books say I wouldn't know what I was getting punished for after the fact!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

great post "mom" =) i need that reminder every day-- to keep my focus on what really matters, our Savior!

Anonymous said...

Wagner, you are a handsome dog!!!